Geochang Yosujeong Pavilion was where the scholar Sin Gwon once taught his students while enjoying poetry and music; it was first built in 1542 between Guyeonjae and Cheoksudae to the south.
It burned down during the Japanese invasions of the 1590s, and in 1805 descendants relocated it to its current site across from Suseungdae. A roof-ridge inscription records repairs made in the late 1800s.
Standing alone among pine trees across from Suseungdae, with no adjoining structures, Yosujeong is a two-story pavilion measuring three bays wide and two bays deep. Behind the central front bay sits a single room, with the rest of the space made up entirely of wooden flooring.
Since it faces Suseungdae, one of Geochang's signature attractions, across the river, it's a great addition to a visit — worth crossing over to see this pavilion after exploring Suseungdae itself.
Enter an attraction’s radius and narration plays automatically. Works offline. Free.
▶ Get it on Google Play