Built by Empress Suiko to guard the shared tomb of Prince Shotoku, his mother, and his wife. Known as the 'Upper Prince Temple,' it drew pilgrims alongside two sister temples as one of the 'Three Kawachi Prince Temples.' Burned down by Oda Nobunaga in the late Sengoku era, it was rebuilt in 1603 by Toyotomi Hideyori. Every April 11-12, on the prince's memorial day, ceremonies and a tea offering unfold beneath blooming cherry trees.
Enter an attraction’s radius and narration plays automatically. Works offline. Free.
▶ Get it on Google Play