Shodenji stands on a quiet wooded rise at the southern foot of Mount Funa. The present main hall was moved here in 1653 from the Konchi-in of Nanzenji, and the building that served as Fushimi Castle's imperial reception hall became the main hall — its ceiling made from the blood-stained floorboards of that castle. The dry garden in front of the abbot's quarters is a flat garden called the Lion Cubs Crossing. It uses not a single rock: clipped azaleas are set out on white sand in groups of seven, five and three, with Mount Hiei borrowed as the backdrop.
Enter an attraction’s radius and narration plays automatically. Works offline. Free.
▶ Get it on Google Play