Honnoji was founded in the Muromachi period, originally on Takatsuji street; after several moves, a fourth set of buildings went up at Shijo Nishinotoin in 1545. Those burned in the Honnoji Incident, and in 1592 the temple was relocated to its present site. Behind the main hall stand memorial pagodas for Oda Nobunaga and his family, for Mori Ranmaru, and for the retainers who died with them that night.
Enter an attraction’s radius and narration plays automatically. Works offline. Free.
▶ Get it on Google Play