Shrine records say Tanakurahiko Shrine was built in 852 by Fujiwara no Yoshifusa under imperial order. In the Edo period it served for a time as a Tenjin shrine. Beyond the main hall the grounds hold a worship hall, a votive-plaque hall, a shrine office and a ceremonial hall. The architecture points to the Momoyama period, and a stone lantern beside the main hall carries an inscription dated to 1574 that supports the reading. The main hall burned more than once over the centuries and was rebuilt each time. The shrine is known for its zuiki mikoshi procession, in which the portable shrine is decorated with some thirty kinds of vegetables.
Enter an attraction’s radius and narration plays automatically. Works offline. Free.
▶ Get it on Google Play