Hyehwamun, the northeast of the Four Minor Gates of the Hanyangdoseong wall, was originally known as Dongsomun ('small east gate'). Built in 1396, it was demolished in 1928 during the Japanese colonial period to widen a road, and rebuilt — slightly shifted from its original spot — in 1994.
It's close to Hansung University Station and marks the start of a city wall walking route heading toward Seongbuk-dong and Samcheong-dong.
Open 24 hours, every day.
Enter an attraction’s radius and narration plays automatically. Works offline. Free.
▶ Get it on Google Play